02 May 2013

oh wikipedia... full of stuff i never needed to know, but now i'm glad i do


I'm here listening to some stand-up from Greg Behrendt and he's talking about Tim Tam biscuits, so of course I google Tim Tam.  This leads me to the wikipedia page. I discover what exactly this Tim Tam is and find out that Target is suppose to carry them.  As I scrolled down the page, I came to this (ps. sorry for the crappy formatting):

__________________________________________________

Tim Tam Slam


A man performing a Tim Tam Slam.
The Tim Tam SlamTim Tam ShotgunTim Tam Bomb, or Tim Tam Explosion is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam.[12] Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage sucked through the biscuit. The crisp inside biscuit is softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt.
The Arnott's company used the name Tim Tam Suck in a 2002 advertising campaign.[13][14]
Equivalent practices are possible with other biscuits, such as the Penguin and Breakway biscuits, available in the United Kingdom, and Twix, available in the United States and Australia. In an article in The Oberlin Review, Cat Richert reports attempting the practice in the United Statesusing Oreo cookies after returning from a trip to Tasmania, but without success. Other chocolate-coated biscuits can be used, with the Mint Slice biscuit also being a firm favourite in Australia.[15]
__________________________________________________

Well, I'm off to Target because yes, of course I'm going to try this. 


No comments: